The Kickstarter campaign will be to help fund the English localization of the fully-voiced game
Madrid, Spain – June 3, 2022 – Moonchime Studios is pleased to announce a collaboration with the Japanese publisher Poni-Pachet to bring their latest project to English-speaking audiences, this project is Haunted Obachestra!
Poni-Pachet will publish the game and Moonchime Studios will localize it and be directly involved in the Kickstarter campaign management and other publishing efforts. Our friends at Poni-Pachet hope that this will help them connect with the community outside of Japan.
Haunted Obachestra is a fully-voiced joseimuke adventure for everyone, and will be made available for PC. The focus is on creating an immersive experience for the players by centering them in the story as the human protagonist, with options to select a gender and change the name. Music is a pivotal aspect of this multimedia project, and each song is crafted to reflect the characters and enhance the story.
The beginning of a fairy tale
It all begins in the outskirts of Tokyo’s Ayakashi Ward, where unbeatable rent prices lure you into sharing a large western-style house complete with mysterious housemates and a rather unsettling basement. One night, some eerie noises drift up the basement stairs, and your curiosity gets the better of you—you descend into the darkness to check it out. To your surprise, not only are your mysterious housemates playing old-fashioned musical instruments, but… there’s something different about them.
Turns out, they’re monsters—some of many who live all over the world. Those who love music refine their talents in preparation for Melloween, a music festival held once a year in Vienna. But why are these monsters here in Tokyo, and why are they practicing in your basement?! Befriend your monster neighbors and uncover their reasons for coming to Japan in this heart-warming monster musical comedy.
Top-quality music and in-depth character development are at the heart of this story, so buckle in and get ready for a wild ride!
- Exnaz von Enterstein – CV. Kento Ito
- Merry Christhrnova – CV. Tomohito Takatsuka
- Gioh von Wolfhart – CV. Makoto Furukawa
- Fumiyomi Hitokado – CV. Seichiro Yamashita
- Henas Meidoh – CV. Tarusuke Shingaki
- Dhyos Meidoh – CV. Tarusuke Shingaki
- Treis Meidoh – CV. Tarusuke Shingaki
- Erlucia Kaketsuki – CV. Toshinari Fukamachi
- Stig klaus-näck Störtebeker – CV. Ryota Takeuchi
- Laynnreix Finistère – CV. Shunichi Toki
- Far Darrig – CV. Kazuyuki Okitsu
- Ukai – CV. Shohei Komatsu
- Subaru – CV. Miki Horiba
- Alexander von Enterstein – CV. Yohei Azakami
- Yukiha Nasu (default name, male protagonist) – CV. Takafumi Ono
- Yukiha Nasu (default name, female protagonist) – CV. Machico
Planning and writing: Yumas
Planning and music: Maruyama Kimiyoshi (project lights)
Character design and art: PE-NekoR
Chibi art: Satoi and Yurino Tsukigase
Twitter manga: Romo Horita
Art direction: Amakaraneko and Konoha
Localization: Moonchime Studios
About Moonchime Studio
Moonchime Studios is a visual novel game publisher specializing in joseimuke games. Through the Moonchime Localization brand we publish localized Japanese games to most regions of the world. While we partner with bigger companies to help them reach their full potential, indies are also part of our vision to give a voice to creators that usually don’t see their works published outside of Japan. Follow
- @MoonchimeL (localization, co-publisher)
- @ponipachet (publisher)
- @obachestra (Japanese Game Twitter)
- Website: https://moonchimeloc.com
Follow @otomeobsessed on twitter for more updates on romance media and joseimuke!