Pitstop in Purgatory is a visual novel which borrows heavily from the world of adventure games, particularly the all but extinct realm of point and click titles, to create something unique and entertaining for fans of both camps to enjoy.
Originally created for Otome Jam 2022 (an event which tasked participants to create a visual novel with a female lead, and love interests to pursue, in just two months), the project proved very popular. As a result, the developers decided to expand upon their ideas in order to give the game a proper, wider release.
As a game in the otome subgenre of visual novels, romance is a key aspect of the story, but far from the only one. You can expect dramatic twists and turns, overarching mysteries, laugh-out-loud funny moments and bizarre popular culture references (both old and new) to heighten the experience and leave a lasting impression as you solve puzzles and navigate rich dialogue trees.
Currently boasting over 4000 downloads on the prevalent indie game platform itch.io, as well as a week-long stint spent as the #1 most popular visual novel on that same site, it is clear that this expanded version of the game is anticipated by many.
Pitstop in Purgatory officially debuts on Steam October 14th, 2022, preceded by a demo (out now) which consists of the full first act of the game.
Astrid wakes up in Purgatory and has to make peace with her death. Only problem is… she doesn’t remember anything! Point and click your way through adventure-based gameplay mixed with visual novel storytelling, and solve the mystery of our
heroine’s untimely demise.
- Experience a unique story consisting of 46k+ words across five routes that form a full storyline together.
- Enjoy point and click gameplay that mixes adventure and exploration with visual novel storytelling.
- Feel your way through a charming, funny, dramatic and moving narrative full of compelling characters, brought to life by partial voice acting.
- Marvel at sprites, backgrounds, special scenes and inventory items all drawn in a beautiful and unique style.
- Unlock 65+ hidden items, including database entries and gallery images.
- Bop your head to a dynamic soundtrack composed by popular YouTube artist Endigo.
- Uncover the game’s secrets as you collect all of the Steam achievements.
Game: Pitstop in Purgatory
Release Date: October 14th, 2022
Genre: Romance adventure/Urban fantasy
Developer: Tymedust Games
Publisher: Tymedust Games
System: PC, Mac and Linux
Price: $4.99 / €3,99
Text Language: English
Tymedust Games on Twitter: @TymedustGames
Follow @otomeobsessed on twitter for more updates on romance media and joseimuke!
You must log in to post a comment.